Saturday, September 12, 2009

EUO MMORPG : Game Review #5

I regrettably made my life’s biggest mistake last night. I am sad to say that I downloaded the EUO game. It was meant to be like the older 2d games out there, but the game play was way too slow. The character moves at a snails pace which gets you all pissed off in the first place. Then everything uses keys. You have to keep referring back to the guide in order to know what each key does. If you like games where you hold down the control button and keeping hitting arrows each time you want to attack a creature then this game is for you. The community is like non existent, at least to what I saw. If you know of me being wrong on this then please send me in the right direction. You need to have a whole lot of time on your hands and be extremely bored to play this game. But, that is just my own opinion (yea I will enjoy the snide comments and evil hatemails. If you like a slower paced game and the old school styles it will be like that. It reminds me of the original Zelda and how that was played. The sign in screen gets kind of annoying also, since it doesn’t remember who you are and your character’s name. I have a tough time with my memory , so that doesn’t help my cause at all. The ups were that it is free, there might be 1 or 2 people to talk to on there. Their website looks real spiffy though ;)



My Ratings (1-10):
Game Play-3
Game Graphics-3
Game Controls-2
Game Community-1

Remember to leave comments about the games and suggestions for others to try. Thank you for participating in the Free Online RPGs Games Blog Community!

2 comments:

  1. EUO is a MMORPG that is in the tradition of the original Ultima games, particularly Ultima IV from the mid-80s. As a matter of fact, it IS the embodiment of what many of us Ultima players wished that Ultima had back then. If you'd never played those early Ultimas, you probably won't appreciate the nostalgia behind the game nor the community (which tends to play in shifts because different groups are in different international time zones). If you're the type that needs Warcraft-style graphics, this definitely isn't for you. But if you want a game that tends to be a bit more cerebral and carries a certain sense of nostalgia, check out EUO. Look for me, Doctor Rude of SPT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due note, this game gets updated quite a bit and is a true living community that flows and ebs depeding on the time of year. The game looks much different now than it did in 09.

    ReplyDelete